Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: H1N1 Vaccine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member smarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    1,264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    H1N1 Vaccine

    are you getting it?

    if you have kids what are their ages and are you getting it for them?
    ----------
    I'm getting the vaccine b/c working at a schools especially with how many kids at our school are already sick.. I just want to be safe.

    Kylar is a year old and we're getting it for him too since he'll be going to a sitter and also b/c of me working at school.

    I'm just kind of curious what other people are doing and why.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: H1N1 Vaccine

    I am not. Our pediatrician does not recommend it.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: H1N1 Vaccine

    My nieces and nephews will be getting it when available to them.
    As an asthmatic with recent complications I will be getting it when available (although Im having great difficulty getting past front desk at the two places I know have it that are supposed to be giving it to my category of folks - whole other story there).
    If I didn't have the asthma issue I probably wouldn't be in too big of a hurry to get vaccinated for it.

    It's not any different from any other flu vaccine this year and years past. Every seasonal flu vaccine is manufactured with that year's predominant strain(s). This year in addition to the H1's and H3's (which are in the current seasonal vaccine), there's H1N1 in its own vaccine.

    The method with which this vaccine is made is the same method used to make new seasonal flu vaccines each year (folks tend to forget that seasonal vaccines are also rushed into manufacturing each year once the strains are identfied). The only thing that changes is the strain. We just happen to have an extra one for this year. They couldn't include it in the seasonal vaccine without severely delaying distribution of it.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: H1N1 Vaccine

    I thought it said HIV vaccine.

    H1N1 is the flu, isnt it?

    Why all the uproar about the flu?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member timmy_v's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2005
    Posts
    1,586
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: H1N1 Vaccine

    Its the swine flu vaccine. Everyone here on post has to get it
    "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." -Pre

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cosmo99's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2005
    Posts
    503
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: H1N1 Vaccine

    I believe we are going to get it for our son and us. He is 2 years old and has already gotten his seasonal flu vaccination and it was the Flumist nasal spray which had I known that it was a live virus vaccination I would have had them give him the shot instead. We both got sick the next day after him having the mist and went to the ER, got tested, had the flu.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •